Thursday 14 December 2017

Valediction

My time at Manurewa Central School is coming to an end. I have been at this school my whole life and I don’t want to go. My journey here all started in Room One.

I had a nervous look on my face, my legs were shaking and my hand was firmly gripped around mum’s fingers. It was my first day at Manurewa Central school. I was excited but very nervous at the same time. As I walked into Room one and looked around, the rest of the class were practising their alphabets. I quickly joined in. Before I knew it I was having the time of my life.

The next few years were the same, I was nervous then, the next minute I was having instant fun. In Year 3 I was very shy and I only had a few friends, but the next year I really came out. I made more friends and got along great with the teacher. The next year came, and my shyness was completely gone.

My goals as a year 5 were set very high, and I achieved them. That year I learnt that how you act as a year 5 affects how you want to be as a Year 6. In Year 6 I became a councillor. I was given different responsibilities and I did my best to take care of them properly.

All my years at Manurewa Central school have been a blast, but my favourite was this year as a Year 6. There are so many good memories to look back at this year including camp, netball and just hanging out with my friends. I also really liked spending time with the teachers. They have a younger sense of humour than I thought.

Throughout the years I made so many good and bad memories but now as I look back at them I smile because all those memories were made at Manurewa Central school. I will always remember this school and no other school could ever replace my first and my best school.


1 comment: